YOUR ONE STOP SOURCE FOR
Fibre Glass Solutions
University of the Incarnate Word Parking Garage, San Antonio, Texas
The University of the Incarnate Word wanted an aesthetically pleasing screen to camouflage their parking garage. The screen needed to protect against falls while keeping the garage open enough that a sprinkler system would not be required. Engineered Structures supplied the gray fiberglass grating and green fiberglass beams, which provide an attractive yet durable solution.
University of Houston Parking Garage, Houston, Texas
The University of Houston needed an aesthetically pleasing product that would deliver long life with little or no maintenance for this parking garage project. Engineered Structures delivered, with engineering, design and complete fabrication of the architectural modules including I-beam fiberglass pultrusions and pultruded fiberglass tubing (including square tubes and round tubes).
Farm buildings and trellising are exposed to some pretty harsh conditions — from fertilizers and pesticides to severe weather. Engineered Structures's fiberglass reinforced plastic stands up to it all. FRP shapes won't corrode, rot or rust like traditional building materials. Plus, it can stand up to the elements for decades. In short, it's designed to last longer and cost less in the long run.
Ag utility buildings, machine shed framing, grain handling and fertilizer storage are some of the potential uses for FRP pultrusions. Handrails, platforms, stairs and decking are also available.
- Light weight, high strength — easier to transport and install with standard tools
- Corrosion resistant — great around water, chemicals and livestock
- Long-lasting — lower lifetime cost than traditional building materials
- Humidity resistant — no shrinking or swelling
- Safety — won't conduct electricity, and nonslip surfaces are available
- Low maintenance — molded-through color does not require painting
- Low thermal conductivity — it's a good insulator