Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) is a composite material made from a polymer matrix reinforced with fibres. The fibers are generally glass, carbon, basalt& so on. In certain cases, asbestos along with wood & paper are also used extensively.
In the past, one decade or so FRP is used extensively over its competitors like wood & steel. Fiberglass suppliers in Alberta & other provinces of Canada have expressed interest amongst industrial owners. The versatility & portability makes FRP highly sought after. Let us discuss in detail why fiberglass has successfully raised the bar amongst industrial owners.
- Corrosion Resistance–
- Perhaps the key reason for using FRP is the inherent corrosion resistance.
- In numerous cases, they are the only material that turns capable to handle the given environmental situation.
- In other cases their corrosion resistive property allows FRP to become the most economically accepted solution.
- Corrosion resistivity of FRP is the function of both the resin content & specified resin used in the respective laminate.
- The higher the resin content the laminate becomes more corrosion resistant.
- Light in Weight–
Another distinct advantage of FRP is the lightweight. Lightweight properties are important, especially in industrial locations. As materials are mounted on an existing structure like tank trailers, rooftops too much weight can cause breakage. Lightweight applications like fiberglass grating in Alberta are tailored to keep things in seamless condition.
- High Strength–
High strength does play a major role in the design of FRP equipment such as missiles, poltruded shapes & so on. For filament wound pipe along with duct, the robust strength allows light with the feature as we have already discussed in the aforementioned section.
Numerous individual overlooks the versatility of FRP. It is tailored for numerous applications as you can do things with it that cannot be done economically. There are chances of molding any application for this you can build temporary & permanent mold. For instance, ductwork is capable of making rectangular circular transitions. It is possible to use FRP to line existing structures.
To go the extra mile for your industrial versatility, get in touch with a professional fiberglass manufacturer in Alberta. They will ensure that your industrial working area remains safe & the workers can work safely.