YOUR ONE STOP SOURCE FOR
Fibre Glass Solutions
Non-corrosive and non-sparking, Engineered Structures's fiberglass reinforced plastic is a durable alternative to mining construction materials like wood and steel. Possibilities include ladders, handrails, catwalks, platforms, and non-slip decking and grating.
Fiberglass-reinforced polymers were made to solve problems. For mining applications, that means long-term durability. FRP structural members offer the strength of steel at a fraction of the weight, plus they won't corrode or spark and are nonconductive. Because FRP weighs less, it's easier to install. And the color is molded all the way through, so no painting is required.
For handrails, walkways, platforms and caged ladders, no other material gives you the same lightweight strength and long lasting durability for a lower cost in the long run.
- Light weight, high strength — easier to transport and install with standard tools
- Corrosion resistant — won't rot or rust and absorbs minimal moisture
- Humidity resistant — no shrinking or swelling
- Impact resistant — fiberglass mat distributes the load to prevent surface damage
- Safety — FRP is non-conductive and non-slip surfaces are available
- Long-lasting — lower lifetime cost than traditional building materials
- Low thermal conductivity — does not easily conduct heat or cold